Terms, Contact Info, Recipe Index, and link love

4.05.2012

"Man Bait" Apple Crisp (And Blog Awards!)


  That, my friends, is the sort of title that only Joy the Baker could coin.  I don't know yet whether or not it's effective, but this is one that should go into your arsenal.

  I don't know how comfortable I am with having an arsenal for boys...that makes me look desperate.  Which I'm definitely not.  Single life means more apple crisp for me, done deal.

  That's a good deal, because this recipe is seriously sooo fricken amazing.

  
  This apple crisp was brought about because I made this delectable caramel sauce, and it was a match made in heaven. (Check it, that caramel sauce got me my first acceptance onto TasteSpotting!)

  A "Caramel Bait" apple crisp, if you will.  Let's go with that, save the boys for when I'm not 17.  Because 17-year-olds boys...well, you know.

  Also...the fork placement here makes me appear left-handed.  I'm not.  Clarification.  


  So, what's this blog award nonsense that made it into the post title?  Well, I'm pleased to say that my friend Jodie, from Jo Blogs Jo Bakes, (so many commas!  ah!) has given me my first blog award!

  The Liebster Award is for those who are fairly new bloggers and still fresh with under 200 followers/readers.  I'm honored, thank you Jo! :)

  So, to keep the love going, I myself must now choose five blogs according to the Liebster rules.  I'm gonna cheat a little though, some of these blogs may be a wee bit over 200 followers, whatever.  These aren't in any particular order, just my stream of thoughts.



Jeremy Cooks
First up is Jeremy of Jeremy Cooks!  This dude is one of the people responsible for the existence of this blog.  We played email tag a few times when I first found his site, and he encouraged me to start a food blog of my own; seeing the interest that I had and complimenting me on my writing.  Yeah, I can write a wicked email.  Skills.  Anyway, he's basically a chef prodigy.  Check out his site and see his About page, he's pretty much done everything a budding chef under the sun can do.  I cheer him on as he enters the CIA (Culinary Institute of America) this August, this guy is going places. 

Jo Blogs Jo Bakes
Um, of course Jo made it onto my list!  This royal lady of the UK is the sweetest, her blog Jo Blogs Jo Blakes is always a joy to read.  She's got a crazy every day life (and awesome recipes) that never fails to bring about a smile from me.  Check her out!  Her wit, sass, and frequent use of British slang will have you charmed in no time.  Thanks for the award and your kind words, Jo! 

Bite My Cake
This is a recent discovery for me, actually.  But anyone who will take the time to answer a certain reader's  obnoxious paragraph comment of recipe-specific questions (no names mentioned...heh) is someone worth following.  Do check out Tamara, head of the popular site known as Bite My Cake.  Her breathtaking photos and awesome authentic Croatian recipes will have you licking the screen, and give you a queer urge to decorate your surroundings with rustic roses.  There's always something so charming about blogs written in something other than English (there are translations, no worries).

Carina's Cakes
I realize this blog is in German, but Miss Carina of Carina's Cakes is a sweet lady who has always given me such kind words.  Plus, there are such things as Google Translator, for those of us in the world who aren't required to learn a second or third language at birth.  Lazy English-speakers, united!  Anyway, I'm proud to have been a part of this lady's up and down journey through food blogging.  Those ups and downs happen, even in the picture-perfect food blogging world.  Here's an award for you, Carina, I hope it encourages you to keep on baking!

Sweet Peony
Once upon a time, I came across Nicole's site, Sweet Peony.  And since then, I haven't been able to keep myself away.  Simple, pink polka-dot backgrounds and cartoon cupcakes are my weakness.  I can't stay away from a pretty blog.  Fact.  If her beautiful pictures weren't already enough of an incentive, her fun and creative recipes would more than make up for it.  And, of course, she's sweet as all get out.

  Love to all of you wonderful bloggers!  If you were nominated and care to award some fellow bloggers, here are the rules:

  1. Copy and paste the award on your blog
  2. Link back to the blogger who gave you the award
  3. Pick your five favorite blogs with less than 200 followers and leave a comment on their blog to let them   know they have received the award
  4. Hope that the five blogs chosen will keep spreading the love and pass it on to five more blogs!


Update: I previously had Joy's apple crisp recipe posted here, but since I made no adaptations, I felt that it should be taken down for copyright and credit reasons.  Everyone should have Joy's book in their life, and that's where the recipe is!  Or, you could also head over to her blog and find it there.