Terms, Contact Info, Recipe Index, and link love

7.07.2012

Family Vacation


  I mentioned the fact that I was on vacation last weekend, and I thought it only fair that I share a bit of it with you!  We went way north to stay in an adorable cottage right by Lake Superior. 


  It was a bit of a hike, but entirely worth it.  We stopped for lunch, and like any bunch of mature young ladies would do, raided the machines at the Chinese buffet.  


  This is my sister Carol, she's gonna be a famous movie director someday.  You just watch.  She's already got her own logo going, and, ya know, she's filming her own movie this summer.  That she wrote and stuff. (Little proud here...just a little.)

  So anyway, the cottage.  We got there!


  I was fond of the "backyard."  Take a walk out the back door, across the back porch, down these few wooden steps, and then it's all rocks and Lake Superior.


  And it was gorgeous.  We clambered much on these miniature cliffs, dipping our toes in the icy cold water.  Yeah, it gets all the way up to the 30's in the summer.  Yeesh.


  It was a lovely breakfast spot.  I miss this dearly. 


  Good morning large boat.


  Because we're crazy, my sisters and I got up at 4:30 the next day to watch the sunrise.  Worth it.


  The kitchen, was awesome.  I loved it, in all its tiny glory.


  Good thing I liked it, because I was the one making breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  Interested in the menu plan?  Alrighty!

Day 1:
Dinner the day we got there- Creamy White Chicken Artichoke Lasgana
Day 2:
Dinner- Creamy Stovetop Mac and Cheese, salad, crusty bread
Day 3:
Lunch- leftovers
Dinner- Pizza with friends!  And cookies, naturally. 


  It was a weekend full of naps, books, dawdling by the lake, food, touring tugboats, watching ships, and Go Fish.  It was beautiful.

  We topped it off by stopping at a bridge on the way home that raises and lowers itself to accommodate the tall things that must get through.

  Yep, I'm pretty smitten with this place.